Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Manitoba 1/2 Marathon finisher

 After all the training of the last few months (of course not as much as I should have), it finally came to an end on June 19. I had always wanted to run in a marathon, but after starting to train, getting injured and having to start again, I was really questioning why I ever said I was going to do this. But I did it. I can say now, after recuperating for two days, that it is a great feeling. I had two goals at the beginning of the race, to finish, and to do it under 3 hours. I am proud to say I reached both those goals. I did have to walk at some points but not as much as I thought I would. My first words to Kellin at the end were, "I'm never doing that again!". I have now decided, I might to do it again if I can keep up the training throughout the year and hopefully make some improvements on my time now that I know I can do it. Here are some pictures from the race.




No comments:

Post a Comment