Friday, January 21, 2011

Devotional Day Planner

My husband, Kellin, asked me if I wanted to join him in reading through the Bible in a year with him starting in January. I noticed he had a day planner in his Bible with a reading plan and so I asked where he got it and found out that our church was giving away Devotional Day Planners from the Bible League of Canada. I am so excited about this. First of all, I love day planners. Right now I have been using a calendar to write down what is going on in our lives, which is also great because it is easy to see. However, a day planner is much more personal. I have kept some of my day planners from high school and gone back to find neat things in there like when my husband and I went on our first date or what I filled my time with back then. And this day planner is even more personal because it leaves a place for you to write prayer requests or things that God is doing in you or that you want God to do in you as well as what is going on. Some other cool features are:
  • it has 3 different Bible reading plans that tells me what to read each day. 
  • it has a verse of the day and 30 second devotional to go with it that is either encouragement and/or thought provoking question. 
  • there is a prayer focus, one for each day of the week, to remind you to pray for you personal life, marriage, family, fellowship, church, kingdom and world. What great reminders! 
  • each week you are encouraged to write a praise, a confession, a need and how God connected to you that week
  • at the beginning of each month, info about what God is doing in different countries
  • at the end of each month is a journal section
  • a prayer list/address book
  • and it was free
I am so excited about this. It has so many features that help me focus my spiritual life when often times I don't know where to begin.  I couldn't help but think about the Christian market out there. All the things that this Devotional Day Planner offers for free. Why aren't there more things out there for free? As Christians, shouldn't we be trying to help each other and not just be in it for money. I know that this can't apply to all areas of life, we need to live and eat, etc. However, it did open my eyes to some things, which actually are what inspired this blog. The fact that I am educated as a personal trainer and right now am not using that has really bothered me. But I can help others out there with my knowledge and I really want to share that. I know losing weight is a big struggle for most women and my passion for getting into this was for myself, as well as wanting to help others. I know that was a bit of a rabbit trail from the point of this blog, but just wanted to add that little tidbit.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a really awesome day planner! What great promptings it provides.
    And I agree, there should be more sharing without a cost among Christians, like the early Church where everyone shared their resources and no one was in need. It's hard to follow that completely but the more we can move towards that the better.

    ReplyDelete