Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tip #4

Tip # 4
Eating smaller portions. Most of the time I eat more than I need to, not because I'm hungry but because I just like to eat food. When you go to a restaurant, the portions you get are enough for about 2 meals. I love to eat and lots, especially when it is something I really like. So, I have a big helping or go for seconds, sometimes both. I find it hard to say no. I usually don't eat till I am stuffed, but I eat more than I need to.

So, one of the things I have started doing is making smaller meals for my husband and I so that there is less to eat. For example, I used to make 3 chicken breast for supper, my husband had 2 and I would have one. Now I started making 2 chicken breast and I have 1/2 and he has 1 1/2. This way it forces both of us to eat less. I prepackage most of our meat so it is ready for meals and I have made those smaller as well. If I do make a meal that is bigger, I try putting some aside for leftovers, so that I can have it for lunch (if it doesn't get eaten by someone else later). When I go out, I try and eat half and take the rest home for leftovers. This also goes for dessert. Instead of taking a big piece or more than one, I try and only have one small piece or 2 halves of more than one. 

So far I haven't changed anything else in my meals, but this is an easy way to cut calories.

1 comment:

  1. I too have learned to cook so there is a lot less on our plates, I don't need to fill up my gigantic plates (or should just use the small plates). It's restaurants I have a hard time at, but I think I'm going to start asking for a to-go container before I start the meal, split it in half from the start and then eat the rest. That's a tip I heard somewhere, not sure where.

    ReplyDelete