Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Time for Resolutions

I have a hard time with New Years resolutions, because I feel that if there is something for me to change in my life, why not start now instead of waiting for the New Year. However, one of the changes I wanted to make in my life just ended up being more convenient to start in the New Year. After that one, it has just been a time to reflect on myself and what I wanted to better in myself and somehow the New Year is just a good time for this. So, I have a few New Years resolutions that I have for this year.

Health
I am a certified Personal Trainer and health is always important to me and a goal in my life. I am also a new mom and gained more weight in my pregnancy than I wanted too. I decided that starting in the New Year, I was going to be done nursing my son and so starting my goals of weight loss at the same time just seemed to make sense. I lost about 25 pounds in the first 2 weeks after giving birth and haven't lost any since. I was really hoping that while nursing, I would lose more, but unfortunately, I'm not one of those lucky people. Now my baby is 7 months old and due to a lot of teething and sharp teeth, I have decided it was time to ween him. Besides that, my husband and I watched the Biggest Loser for the first time last season and at the end, we decided that we would like to watch it again and start our own challenge. So, today was the first day of the new season and we weighed and measured ourselves. I plan on using this blog to give tips, things that I'm trying, as well as accountability to how I am doing on my weight loss goals.

Blogging
This blog is something I wanted to do to share my life and the things I've learnt and am learning. Like I said earlier, I am a personal trainer and a stay at home mom. I wanted to use the knowledge I have learned to help other in the struggle of healthy living. It is one of my passions. I also am passionate about my family and faith and want to share the things I am learning with others.

Reading through the Bible in a Year
This is a challenge that my husband is doing and asked if I would join him in it. I haven't read through the whole Bible since Bible College and thought it was about time I did it again. I started a few days late and so I have 3 days to catch up on. It is something that always seemed really hard and I just didn't feel up to the challenge, but looking at the readings, it doesn't seem that unrealistic.

Reading a Marriage book and Parenting book
I heard of another couple who each picks a book on marriage that they want to go through together every few months. I had never thought about that before, but it sounded like a great idea. My husband and I enjoy reading and read a lot of books. We recently decided to read books to help better our marriage and bought a couple of marriage and parenting books. We would like to go through these together and so we just need to make the time to do it.

I know New Year's resolutions typically don't last, which is why I don't usually make them, but maybe this year will be different.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! So glad you are joining the bloggy world again, looking forward to sharing with you in this way :)
    Already we're starting off the new year with the same focuses, health, Bible reading, marriage, can't wait to read about your insights!
    Luv ya.

    ReplyDelete