Thursday, January 6, 2011

Healthy Tip #1

So now that I am on the road to weight loss, I am working on making better choices. I want to make life changes, things that I can stick to all the time. That doesn't mean that I won't ever "cheat", but that is the beauty of making smart life choices. If you make good choices most of the time, you can indulge without guilt.

Tip #1
Drink lots of water. This one is so simple, but one I have always struggled with. The recommendation is 8 glasses a day. To break that down, it is about 2 glasses every 3 hours between 8 am and 8 pm. Doesn't seem to bad. Since water is used in every system in the body, it is important to replenish the water that is lost throughout the day. If your body dehydrates even a little, you can fell fatigue, weakness, dizzy, headaches, and more. The benefits of drinking water are amazing. If you google it, you can find many benefits, from helping cure many ailments like arthritis, eye and skin health, osteoporosis, cancer, and the list goes on. Plus, it can help with weight loss by helping get rid of wastes and toxins in the body and act as an appetite suppressant, and it has zero calories.

So drink up and enjoy all the benefits.

1 comment:

  1. And dehydration can REALLY slow your metabolism, YUK!
    I use a 24 oz bottle so I only need 3 refills and I'm good.
    This is such an important part of weightloss that so many people overlook (like I did for 30 yrs :) Good tip!

    ReplyDelete